Thursday, July 21, 2005
We're Baaaack! And we brought Morning Sickness with us!

We made it back from the retreat! It was SO much information, but really great. It really helped convince us that our area needs some "new blood" around here. All the churches here are REALLY traditional. We're very "contemporary" and we want to build up a rockin' church that is actually relevant and meets peoples needs. We're very excited about the possibilities in front of us.

Morning sickness hit me HARD this week. Pretty much right when I got to 6 weeks. If I gag on my toothbrush, that's it. Today I didn't gag so I didn't throw up, but was miserablw until about 11 am. I'm fine after about 10:30 or 11, but until then...miserable. Oh well, its all for a good cause, right? I mean, seriously. I will endure whatever is necessary in order for me to bring a healthy baby into this world. I might not ENJOY it, but I will endure it. My mom says she was sick with me but only through the 1st trimester. This is one instance in which I hope I'll be JUST like her. :) 2nd trimester starts Aug. 29, so maybe there will be only one miserable month in which to teach. Here's hoping.

Not much else to say...4 more days 'til my ultrasound! I am so excited. I find myself less and less nervous every day. I've been really trying to just think positively and hand it over to God when those panic thoughts hit me...Its a struggle, for sure, but I'm getting a LITTLE better at it, day by day. I enjoyed reading your wise and thoughtful comments on my last entry. I know its hard to trust God (especially with multiple losses!) and there's just so many reasons to question Him when there are so many tragedies happening in this world every day...I just know that, for me, I have faith that God is there, and He sees me. He sees my pain and comforts me. He knows me better than I know myself, and I just have to trust that He will take care of me. I know that sounds naive to some, but its true.

ANYWAY...I'm heading to school tomorrow to work in my room and get it ready. Teachers "officially" go back on Monday, but I like to go early and be ready. :) (I like to actually use teacher planning days for PLANNING, not setting up the room.) That's all that's going on in my boring little world! I'm off to read all my favorite blogs and see what I've missed this week!





2 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Welcome back! Missed you!

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Hello! Wonderful to see you back. I'll be waiting to hear about your u/s too. Isn't Eve's the same day? Or the day after?

Glad your trip was good and help you know you are doing the right thing with your lives. That must be a great feeling:)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger