Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Feeling Maternal

Today I'm going shopping with a friend. She is about to begin her very first year of teaching and wants me to go with her to but stuff for her classroom. I LOVE shopping for teacher stuff. (Part of the reason I went back to school to get my teaching certificate!) My room is all decorated with Mary Engelbreit stuff. I don't ever turn on the overhead lights...I use lamps. It is a very nice, comfortable, calming setting and the students dig it. I find, with the kids I teach (those with learning disabilities, emotional behavior disorders, etc.) the calming atmosphere is much beetter for them. I think the flourescent lights get them too wound up sometimes. Does that make sense? I don't know that there's any true study on this, but just something I've observed. Anyway, I am looking forward to shopping today. She wants to go look for "teacher clothes" as well...I don't know if I should look for stuff to wear NOW or LATER (maternity stuff)...I really want to look for maternity clothes, but would that be like jinxing myself? I know, I know...that is just ridiculous. I just think about things like that. On her blog, Eve said she got some advice to worry "10 minutes a day." Maybe I should adopt that philosophy. I am just SO bloated right now, and already have a few little stretch marks on my belly! I can't believe it! I am only 4'10" so maybe I will really show earlier 'cause there's just nowhere else for the baby to go. I hope so. I mean, seriously. If I'm gonna feel this pregnant, then doggone it, I want to look it! :) Maybe I will look a little and maybe get one thing. Maybe a cute top that's for early-early pregnancy...

Chris and I went to Target last night and looked at baby stuff. I informed him we would be using "Classic Pooh" stuff for our baby. I have loved that stuff as long as I can remember, and when anyone I know has a child, I always buy him/her something with Pooh on it, so of course I'll be buying it for myself. :) He didn't really care or fight me on it, so I guess he doesn't really care that much. I don't know how much we'll really do for a nursery, though, 'cause its really for the adults, not the kid. And in the beginning I think the baby will sleep with us or in our room in a bassinet...So I'm not counting on really getting a nursery together until LATE pregnancy or even after the baby is born. What kind of nursery themes have you guys seen/had that you just loved?





3 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Good Morning!

We had paint colors picked out. The previous owners had a Disney-themed (Jungle Book) nursery, and we kept that, but my artist husband decided that he wanted HIS art in there. So we picked out a raspberry pink for a girl (we hate pastels - it's pink, pink or pink, and God forbid I have a girly-girl) and a medium blue for a boy. Then we'll paint the guest bathroom the other color.

We never got to an actual theme, but I strongly suspect it will involve birds.

ps I don't look pregnant AT ALL. Want to trade? I mean, I have the old belly from my previous pregnancy, but other than that... I already have stretch marks from old weight gain/growth spurts but I plan on using olive oil once I start the stretching. So what if I smell like a salad? :-)

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

I'm not a "themey" person. I guess if I were to do a theme, I'd want to do something bizarre like the Adaams family or an Edward Gorey book...so better not to freak out the baby. Our nursery is just done in light blue and greens with patterns. There are circles, diamonds, stripes and giraffes on the bedding and we painted diamonds on the walls, stripes on the dresser and the valances have circles on them. But you will find tons of cute stuff for a Pooh nursery. I like Eeyore because he's a gloomy gus like me.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Eve - I love the idea of BRIGHT colors instead of pastels! I will have to use that idea! :)
Roxanne - Ha! I could totally picture you doing an "Adaams Family" thing. Heehee. Your nursery sounds beautiful. :)(((hugs))) P.S. Eeyore is my fave too!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger