Wednesday, July 13, 2005
My Last Lazy Day

Tomorrow, my life will start to pick up speed and I'll probably not have the time to stop and catch my breath for more than a few moments, so I am enjoying this last lazy day of summer. I was going to cut the grass today (there's a jungle in front of my house after all the rain from Hurricane Dennis), but its still raining. Perfect excuse to stay indoors and be lazy. Last night I got the urge to clean, clean, clean. So I did. I even moved the bed and vaccuumed behind it, which had not been done since we moved in! We have three cats, so you can imagine the amount of cat hair I discovered. Yuck! I vaccuumed in every crevice and corner until there was no dust (read: cat hair) left. Of course, by the end of today the cat hair will have returned and all that would have been for nothing, but hey...whatever. That's life. Today I think I will do the laundry and clean the bathrooms. They need a good scrubbing. My house is always cleanest when I'm not working. Once school starts, we just "maintain" until there's a break so I can give it a good deep cleaning. Anyway, no one wants to hear about that.

My allergies are acting up something AWFUL and I'm scared to take anything. I asked my regular doctor right before I got my BFP about what to take, and he said not to take anything until I knew if I was pregnant or not. Well, now I am definitely pregnant, and not sure what to take. I guess I can use the basic saline nasal spray, but I'm scared to take Claritin. Anybody have any knowledge about this stuff??

Tomorrow, Chris and I go for a four-hour interview with a Georgia Baptist Convention representative. Chris and I are interested in starting a brand-new church in our area and, in order to gain financial support (everybody needs money, after all), we are required to go through this process. Its mostly just to confirm that we are serious about it and are not just going to give up after a few months of hardship. Next week, we go away to a four-day "basic training" conference for church planters. The day after we come back, I will most likely go to my school and start arranging my classroom and working there a little bit. The NEXT week (the week of the 25th), teachers go back to school for pre-planning. (Oh, and the 25th is my 1st OB appointment!) Students start school on August 1. Summer is SO short, it seems. Oh well. All I do right now is sit around thinking about this baby and praying he/she will make it. It'll be good to have something to distract me and keep me very busy. :)

Oh! Good news...I recently found out my childhood friend Kelly is expecting again. She and I miscarried within days of each other last year. She had long ago been disagnosed with Lupus and was taking methotrexate. That baby was a total surprise (they had actually been preventing!) and, as such, was at a severe risk due to the meds she had been on. She did end up miscarrying a few days before me. It was so sad. I recently found out that she never went back on the methotrexate because the pregnancy hormones did something to her and she hasn't NEEDED the meds! Her pain is nearly GONE! :) She and her hubby decided to start trying again, and now she is 13 weeks pregnant and doing GREAT. She is still considered high-risk, but they have had multiple ultrasounds and seen/heard the baby's heartbeat and things look terrific. I am so excited for her, and I'm glad to yet again be going through all this with her. It certainly helps to have a friend with whom to share this anxiety and excitement!





2 Comments:
Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Hey! What's the difference between Georgia Baptist and Southern Baptist? 'Cause the SB Convention is in Louisville, where I live!

I'm using saline spray and the tissues with lotion.

Enjoy the brief quiet time and congrats to Kelly!!!!

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

The Southern Baptist Convention is kind of the "authority" over all the SBC churches (although the basic point of being Baptist is that each church has complete autonomy), but each state has its own organization to "lead" all the Southern Baptist churches in that state...It's all kind of hard to explain. I hope that made sense.

You live in Louisville?? I went to college in Georgetown, KY (north of Lexington) and have LOTS of friends in Louisville. Great place! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger