Thursday, August 18, 2005
Freak Out

OK, I can't handle anymore stress. I found out today that a student in my 2nd period class was sent home from school today because she has a staph infection. Ew. I immediately ran to get Lysol to disinfect my room since the girl SAT BY ME all during class and was CONSTANTLY in my face asking questions. Grrr. Oh, and another student has come down with chicken pox. Thank God I had chicken pox when I was a kid...but will exposure to these things hurt the baby?? I am such a wreck. I have GOT to relax. I called my doc to check and see what they thought about my being exposed to these things, but they said its no big deal and I will be fine as long as I don't touch the kid with the staph infection and just wash my hands really well after any contact with her. I have some of that hand sanitizer in my room so I will be using that stuff obsessively until she's all better. Geez, does the worrying NEVER stop?! I know once the baby gets here its just a whole NEW set of worries, but man...Seems like things might be a little better when the baby is here happy and healthy. Is it March yet????





2 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

It's nearly March, don't worry:) Chicken pox is only a concern inthe last month or so of pregnancy but I don't know if that is only to mother's who have not been exposed or of it's for everyone. You should get a definite answer to that question being that you are in contact with kids all the time and probably going to be exposed to that virus more than most folks.

I discovered 66% ethanol hand right after E was born and have kept it in the house ever since! Used to carry a small bottle in her bag as well when she was very little. It's magic stuff - it'll certainly help cut down on germs in any case.

Now, breathe....:)

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Nope. The worrying never stops. But it gets better. Maybe you could wear a biohazard suit to school...but you might get a few funny looks. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger