Wednesday, June 28, 2006
And now introducing...baby food!

I was right! The ped did suggest starting baby food early! He said to start with veggies once a day, then every 3-5 days, start something new. So we went grocery shopping and picked up lots of choices. Andrew had some sweet potatoes today and LOVED it!! It was so great. I gave him some formula (non-thickened--stupid mommy!) to "top him off" in case he wasn't full, and he spit up a little, but only the formula - not the food. I hope this is a good thing. I'll continue to thicken the formula and just add more and more food, crossing my fingers and praying my guts out that the stuff stays in his belly.

Andrew now weighs 12lb, 12 oz and is 23 inches long. Still small, but now he's in the 5th percentile for length (vs 2nd percentile at 2 months) and 10th percentile for weight (stayed the same there). My sweet little guy! The ped says he's fine as long as he keeps gaining weight and doesn't DROP in growth percentiles.

Anyway, here's a pic of his first experience with baby food, and a couple of other cute pics for your viewing pleasure:





2 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

C weighs about 12lbs now at 7 weeks! Glad he's liking the food and that it's helping his reflux:)

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

wonderful! congrats on this new milestone! and thanks for the too cute pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger