Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Deep Breaths...

Thanks, Cat and Lorem, for the info and advice! (I responded to your comments with a comment of my own, but who knows if y'all go back and check the comments...probably not.) Anyway, I decided I am way too stressed about all this and probably just making HIM stressed with all my craziness about sleep. I seriously don't want the kid to end up in therapy because of me one day. I finally took a few deep breaths and realized that, hey, he's THREE MONTHS OLD, and if he has one night waking spell, its fine. I'm a lot luckier than many moms I know. So, all day today I let him make his own schedule (he only took one 2-hr nap instead of his usual three, and the other two naps were only 30 minutes and 40 minutes respectively...but he was definitely happy. Not cranky at all, so I guess that's OK!) and tonight I just let him play and hang out with us until he got a little more tired...around 6:30-6:45 pm he finally started chilling out and after swaddling, being rocked in the rocking chair, and getting his paci, he was out in a matter of minutes. Been asleep since @7 pm and hasn't woken once! I've been so freaking obsessed with "the schedule" and all he needed was for me to chill out and realize he's growing and maybe needs to be awake a little longer. DUH!

So, yeah, thanks for the helpful advice/suggestions...I'm feeling much better (and more sane) now, thank you. :)





1 Comments:
Blogger Cat, Galloping had this to say:

heh. i didn't want to say it, but i was thinking, it's only been 2 nights! ;-)

one of the many nice things about a baby that normally sleeps very well is that when he doesn't, you know there's something that needs to be addressed. Gatito v. occasionaly wakes up at night or in the wee hours and we *always* tend to him if he cries more than a couple of minutes. It has never created a "bad habit" of him waking up more often.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger