Wednesday, July 16, 2008
update on us

Blogger is being stupid and will not allow me to post pics. Ugh. I've been so frustrated about this (and so stressed with the shock and adjustment of having TWO little ones now) that I've been signing in, getting mad, and signing out. Today I decided to post. :)



Hannah is growing so fast already! She was up 8 oz from her birthweight at her check-in last Friday. Andrew had only gained 2 oz at his first check-in...She is so alert and active, too! She already rolls side to side! I lay her on her back and she takes off, rolling in either direction! Seriously! Its nuts! Any day now, I expect her to make it all the way over! That will completely freak me out. Andrew was always on the later side of normal when it came to motor skills. I have a feeling this girl is going to keep me on my toes!



Sleeping is something I so desperately desire. She loves to party between 12-2 am which is wearing us out. We try to share the load so we can each get a good block of sleep, but for some reason it seems I can calm her quicker than her daddy, so I usually have to get up and do it. I know these days will pass soon, though, so its all good. :) She is such a snuggler and loves the sling and wrap. So different from Andrew!!



Andrew is doing so much better. We''ve had a few bad days of agression and jealousy...It used to be that, if he saw me holding her, he'd say, "Daddy hold it!" (or Mamaw, or Papaw, or whoever was here...) since he wanted my arms free for him & him alone, but now he's getting to where he wants to hold her bottle and help with diaper changes, etc. Its so stinkin' cute.



I feel tremendous guilt still but know that will pass as they grow to love each other. I cry daily andd worry about the PPD I had with Andrew returning. I plan to to talk to my OB on Monday about this and see what he thinks. (I have to go in for a check-up re: my c-section incision...I still have a few weeks until my 6 weeks postpartum checkup.)



OK, she's fussing now so I gotta go!!





2 Comments:
Blogger Amber Tezel had this to say:

Oh, I hope blogger lets you get those pics up soon!!

Sounds like she is growing well!! :)

Take care and I am glad to see a new post from you! :)

 

Blogger Sweet Coalminer had this to say:

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see pics.

I know it's a big adjustment. I'll give you my email if you want to talk. :)

It sounds like Andrew is doing well and that Hannah is thriving. Stupid blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger