Saturday, May 07, 2005
Mother's Day

Wow. Mother's Day is tomorrow. I didn't think I would be so upset about this, but I am. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me. He prays that I will find healing, that I will not be sad...Yet he is still so sympathetic, saying we can skip church (just to skip all the "mother recognition" that goes on...They never recognize mothers of babies who died in the womb!). He says we can just lie around here, watch something on TV, and just do whatever I want. He would like to go visit his mother in Alabama, but says we can stay home if I'm too upset to travel. He is so sweet. Even though he doesn't understand what I'm dealing with, he still makes the effort to be my rock and shield. I know my baby died VERY early and most people would say it wasn't even a baby yet...but to me it was. To me, life begins at conception, so therefore, my baby had a soul and a purpose. I wanted my baby so badly. I had so many hopes and dreams. I want to be 8 months pregnant right now...instead, here I sit writing about how much I miss my angel. I feel like I AM a mother...I just don't have my baby in my arms or in my womb. I'm not able to hold or nurture my child, but I still love and pray for my baby. I know no one will recognize me as a mother...But I think God does. And I just have to remember that He wants only good things for me...including children.





3 Comments:
Blogger Carolyn Tucker, MA, LAPC had this to say:

Anna,

Oh sweet girl I wish I could give you a hug. I recognise you as a mom, and I know God does. I will pray tomorrow that you glory in the fact that God used you to bring an immortal soul to His throne, to serve a purpose planned before time! You are indeed blessed and indeed a mother! Love in Him, Rose

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Aww...You are so sweet! I wish I could give you a hug as well. I hope YOU have a fabulous Mother's Day! Enjoy the children you have with you. :) Sending you lots of hugs...

 

Blogger David B. Reid had this to say:

Hi Anna,

Your blog is great! Also, I think it is an incredible way to minister to those who are going through the same thing as you.

I feel for you. Please hang in there; God will use this for His glory.

BTW, you get a Mother's Day book at Peachtree when I see you next...I said the books were for every lady who has a maternal instinct, and you sure qualify.

May God bless you and Chris.

Love, Pastor Dave

P.S. Thanks for including me as one of your favorite people!

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger