Thursday, June 09, 2005
I love Dr. E!!

OK, here's what Dr. E said. I'm continuing with this cycle as normal. Clomid seems to be working, and she likes the CD16 ovulation, so we're good with that. If I am not preggo at the end of this month, I will stop Clomid and start Glucophage for three months. Also, Chris and I will be taking the doxycycline (antibiotics) to clear up any bacteria (aka ureaplasma or mycoplasma) that might be interfering. The test for these bacteria is way expensive and my insurance does not cover infertility testing, so Dr. E said this would be the best way to deal with the possible problem. The reason for the Glucophage is that my fasting insulin test, while technically in the "normal" range, was on the high side, so she thinks dealing with that issue may help some. Also, she wants me to continue exercising every day, drinking lots of water and considering a low-carb diet (please God, NO!) to lose some weight. I know, I know, I need to lose about 20 lbs...I'm working on it. If I'm not preggo after three months of the glucophage, I will go back on Clomid for three more months.

ANYWAY, that's about it for this doctor's visit. I feel good, like we're definitely doing something and not just sitting back letting something slip by unnoticed. I can't afford major tests, but I can at least do these things.

On the way home, I picked up some OPKs, some Mucinex (to help with CM) and some more prenatal vitamins. I think I'm all set now.





7 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

It is so good to have a plan isn't it? Your doc sounds fantastic and very open to anything you have to say.

Fingers crossed, you have discovered the secret recipe now:)

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks! My doc IS pretty wonderful. I am always glad to talk with her. Fingers crossed! Hope you are still doing quite well! :) ((((hugs))))

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Thanks Mate, all is quiet and boring and I'll take that happily!

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

So excited for you! You're so positive. THIS WILL WORK!!

 

Blogger Carolyn Tucker, MA, LAPC had this to say:

Anna- I agree with Jill, it feels wonderful to have a plan!
Remember this:
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you"declares the Lord"plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope"
Remember you are His precious daughter and that if you delight yourself in Him He will give you the desires of your heart!
Love,
Rose

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks, girls! Your support keeps me hopeful and positive! :) Hugs to all of you...
Anna

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Hi Anna, just taking a peek at your charts. Does clomid work to bring your o back to day 14 or is any O, any time ok? I was just thinking you may be gearing up now. Best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger