Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Aftermath

Well, our county was the only county in Georgia affected by Katrina. Aren't we special? We're officially a National Disaster Area. Several tornadoes touched down here due to the high winds, including two that were not-so-far away. Sigh. I am trying to feel bad for the people who lost their homes here, but my thoughts are more with the people of New Orleans and Mobile and the people who TRULY saw the devestation a hurricane can bring. I'm praying for them along with millions of others, I am sure.

TMI coming up. I'm home sick today. Usually I vomit once and am done with it. Today I can't stop! I went to school this morning (no electricity there, which is FUN with the kids there going nuts and me feeling so sick), but had to leave. I was going to be no good there, as I was having to run down the dark hall every few minutes hoping I'd hit the toilet in the dark. Anyway, I got my assistant to agree to watch my classes and I came home. I was able to sleep a little bit, but still feel sick. Hope its not a virus.

I'm off to check other blogs and see how people are doing today...Hope to hear good news!





3 Comments:
Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

I hope everyone you love is okay. And I am so glad that things are progressing well for you.

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

Glad to hear that you're past 12 weeks...but so sorry you're feeling so ill.

I agree with how horrible the aftermath of Katrina is...very very sad.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

I am sorry you have had to experience Katrina so close to home and you are of course right to be thinking of the poor people in Louisiana. It is truly tragic:(

I'll be crossing my fingers that you feel better soon:)

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger