Monday, August 29, 2005
Katrina!!

Well, all school activities (i.e. football/softball/cheerleading practices) this evening have been cancelled and some schools are planning closings for tomorrow (not mine yet, doggone it)...Although we're not in the direct path of Katrina here in GA, we're expecting heavy rains and flooding, as well as tornadoes. I appreciate your prayers or good thoughts for the poor people who ARE getting the brunt of Katrina's fury. This is why I'd be freaked out to live in Florida (or anywhere on the gulf).

As far as the family situation goes, my brother-in-law is very sorry and is trying to make amends with the family, so I'm hoping that healing is on the way. Its gonna be a long process, but I have faith that God can somehow turn this around and work it out for good.

On the pregnancy front, I'm past 12 weeks, which is amazing for me. I'm starting to catch myself thinking of names and planning more and more for this baby to come home in March. That is both good and bad. I like having so much hope, but I'm scared that I'll jinx myself or something. Ridiculous, I know. Anyway...

I'm headed home to take cover and cuddle up with my hubby for the evening and watch the news.





4 Comments:
Blogger cat had this to say:

Congrats on the 12 week mark. Hoping things continue to look great.

Becareful out there. Hope you are home and safe and cuddly.

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

I think you should name your child after a hurricane!

Congrats on making it to 12w... I saw the other day you were 11w6d, and I missed the actual day. :-)

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

Thanks, girls!! And I think that would be very cute - to name the baby after a hurricane! Let's see, there's Bret, Cindy, Katrina...I missed the others, I guess. Hehe... :)

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Congrats on reaching 12 weeks:)

Please take care and stay home until nasty old Katrina has finished her hissy fit! Where I live we are always getting the edge of cyclones and they can still be pretty devestating.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger