Monday, August 22, 2005
It's STILL Alive!!

Well, we just got back from the OB appt and dinner (we met some of our best friends for dinner afterwards) and I just had to post! No, I did not cry and wail to get an ultrasound...Insurance companies don't accept "crying" as a medical reason to pay for an "unnecessary" ultrasound, and we just can't afford the extra cost we'd incur...but we did hear the heartbeat!! I swear, that is the most beautiful sound in the world. Dr. H (not my usual Dr. E, but Dr. H - the doc who is the "head doctor" of the practice) said I was right on the cusp of the time when they may or may not be able to hear the heartbeat by doppler, but he did assure me that we could definitely get an ultrasound if we weren't able to locate the heartbeat. Luckily, he found it and he said it sounded "perfect." He wasn't able to get an exact reading, but he said the readings he did get were about 155-160. Sounds good to me! I wish I had a recorder so I could have recorded that amazing little "chug-a-chug-a-chug-a-chug-a" sound, but oh well. I am just SO happy to have heard that little heartbeat. I'm definitely in love with this little human. And they found the baby in the exact spot where I've been having lots of stretching pains! Weird!! Anyway...I'm off now, but just had to share the happy report!!





6 Comments:
Blogger Julie had this to say:

I am so so so happy everything is well with your little bean!! And yes, you are right, that is one of the most amazing sounds in the world!!!

 

Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! That is definitely the best sound in the world. Sounds like things are moving along very nicely! :)

 

Blogger Roxanne had this to say:

Yeah!!!!! This is great news! Excellent!!! (I'll bet you could come up with a reason for an ultrasound if you really have to....) :)

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

Great news. Glad to hear that all is well.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Way-hay!! Great news, outstanding!! What a wonderful sound...i'm getting all misty eyed and sentimental now!

Yay for you!!

 

Blogger lorem ipsum had this to say:

Next time... bring a recorder. Gotta hear this!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger