Monday, September 05, 2005
Random Chatter

We are so lazy. We skipped church yesterday just because we wanted to rest, and I spent the WHOLE DAY in my PJs. Took a bath last night and put on clean PJs, went to bed, and as of this moment I am STILL in my PJs. I love this. I could SO be a SAHM. But, that won't be happening. Sigh. Tomorrow it will be back to school, back to the grind...but only 4 weeks and we'll have a week off for Fall Break! Hey, I guess if a girl's gotta work, teaching is a pretty cool job to have. Gotta love those breaks.

I've been watching a whole lot of CNN, MSNBC, and FoxNews the past few days...Louisiana looks like a freakin' third world country. Hard to believe this is America. But you know...I don't know why we always seem to think things like that can't ever happen here. We are NOT some blessed country who has some kind of some special covenant with God and can't be touched. 9/11 should have proved that well enough. We are not immune. Its so sad, and I hope all those people find their familes and can get back to their homes within the year. (They're saying it could take up to a year before people can return. Wow.) I've been looking at my pets and feeling so bad for the poor animals who were so helpless to save themselves...Of course I feel worse for the humans, but I can't help but look at my pets and imagine how sad I would be if anything happened to them. Poor things. I wish we could afford to send money or do something. I just feel kinda helpless.





2 Comments:
Blogger cat had this to say:

It is a helpless feeling but you can assist without spending extra money. If there is an extra can of food in your home donate it, if there are stores where you already spend your money that will give money to the relief efforts, shop at them, you might be able to donate time to a local relief organization or help coordinate your teaching/school relief efforts. There are a million ways we can help, money is only one of them.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

During the tsunami I organised a collection of toys for the kids plus whatever else people wanted to send.

But toys are important - it's what kids do and they have nothing to do. Get your class to bring in balls to play with or packs of playing cards. Simple games that people can play for hours on end. Or just those crappy McDonalds toys that every kids in your school has a load of.

We sent a heap of those to Bali last year with E's tennis coach and the kids LOVED them. It gives them hope , a little colour and the knowledge that people have thought of them and they are remembered.

You work in a school so you have plenty of access to kids and all of their excessive toys LOL:)

And I so want to be offended by the SAHM and PJs comment - but it's lunchtime and I am still in mine LOL!! Ah well. They are very paractical attire for what I do;) Hehehe:)

Hope you and Bub are doing well too ((hugs)).

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger