Thursday, September 08, 2005
Will I Ever Relax??

I just caught myself doing it. AGAIN. Every day, several times a day, for the past ten weeks I have caught myself checking for blood. I still expect to see it every time I go to the bathroom. Does this ever stop? With my miscarriage, I was so shocked by it...never thought anything like that would happen to me...I guess I'm somehow trying to prepare myself for the worst in case it does happen. Its awful. I wish I could just relax and accept that, at least for this moment, this baby is happy and healthy and doing just fine. I want to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy. I want to glow. And I do sometimes. Sometimes I really do forget the past and am able to totally enjoy the moment. BUT...as soon as I have to go to the bathroom, the fear hits all over again. Somebody please tell me this fear will eventually go away.





4 Comments:
Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

It does get better...but I will admit that I still check sometimes just out of habit. But I have finally crossed over into "If there's blood I better go to the hospital because this baby might be coming!" stage. So you'll replace TP checking with obsessive checking for fetal movement. It's always something...I think loss does that to all of us. It DOES get better...I promise.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

I will be asking you for the same reassurances hopefully one day soon, and you will tell me how you started doing kick counts all the way until the birth and that there was always something you worried about before you got to hold your baby:)

I wish I had been there, done that - I would love to tell you something cool to get you past the fear:) I hope you can find a way to get every last drop of joy from this that you can. And take notes. I WILL be asking;)

 

Blogger cat had this to say:

It's completely normal to be worried and considering how traumatic miscarriage is, it is totally understandable. I've been there each bathroom session a mini freak out, so sorry that you have to feel like this at all. Be kind to yourself... it's really OK to feel afraid sometimes. I hope that the fears dim and you get more spaces where you glow all over.

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

even after my son's death and all the postnatal bleeding and before i got pregnant this time, i still obsessively checked the tp. it's just an ingrained habit. i figure there are worse things i could obsess about than the state of my girly parts, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger