Friday, January 19, 2007
Anger and Jealousy and Tears, OH MY!

Last night was bad. I thought I was doing OK, and then...it hit me. We went to our community group (fancy word for small group Bible study) and I cried throughout, of course. The topic of discussion was worshiping God even when things are bad. Yeah, perfect. ANYWAY, I was soooooo glad to get out of there and get home. I love my friends...LOVE them...and they mean so well and they try so hard to do and say the right things. They DO say and do the right things! Its wonderful. But in my insane way, I needed to be alone. When I got home, the anger and jealousy just poured out and poor Chris just didn't know what to do. He wanted to suggest things and "fix it" like most men do, but I just needed to be crazy. I told him how jealous I was of all our friends and family who see a positive pregnancy test and automatically assume they're having a baby in approximately 9 months. Chris and I, however, see a positive HPT and can't escape the questions and fear of "what if?" We'd just started to make plans, discuss names, nursery themes, etc, thinking we were in the clear and everything would be fine when BAM, tragedy hit.

Honestly, I don't want anyone to ever suffer like this. I really wouldn't wish this on ANYONE, but dear God...I just get so jealous and ANGRY that I can't ever be blissfully pregnant. I try, but it just doesn't work out. Now, when/if we every get pregnant again and have the nerve to announce it, I imagine people will probably look at us and say "oh. well, congrats...good luck" in that sad, pitying way. I HATE THAT. I hate that I have two babies I'll never meet. I hate that my parents and in-laws have two grandchildren THEY will never meet. I hate that my husband is hurting. I really, really, hate this.

I do have one friend at church who "gets it." She has suffered multiple miscarriages, a stillbirth and an infant loss (her 1 month old daughter died of SIDS). Yeah, she gets it. In fact, compared to her, *I* am the one who doesn't get it. For some reason, though, I can't even get up the nerve to talk to her about this. Part of me wants to ignore it and just hope it'll all go away, and part of me wants to scream so loud that there's no doubt how much pain I'm in. Sigh. Maybe I need some therapy.





4 Comments:
Blogger Jillian had this to say:

((((hugs)))) I don't know if you need therapy or not, but I don't think there is anything weird about needing to be a bit crazy over this. You've had your heart stomped on again and it hurts unbelievably. It's OK to be spinning in all directions right now and things will settle down so you can deal with them soon enough. Just keep getting it all out until you know the best way to heal yourself ok? Be gentle with yourself x

 

Blogger Sara had this to say:

(Frantically waving hands in the air) I get it! Totally, Anna! You are going to be allright, sweetie, but go easy on yourself. Your wound is very new and raw, but you will heal. I will say a prayer for you tonight and know that if you need anyone, I am here!

 

Blogger Emmakirst had this to say:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand what you are going through to an extent. I do have 4 children, but just lost twins (9wks) along, it was heartbreaking and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I think all of what you are feeling is completely normal, it's part of the grieving process.(denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance) I still get angry hearing of new upcoming arrivals, I know I am grateful for my family but a part of me feels anger not happiness. I'm sure time will heal, but as for now, I'm right there with you and know you are in my prayers.

 

Blogger Anna had this to say:

I get it too. I wish I didn't. I wish no one had to go through this kind of loss. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Baby B; I know they'll be forever in your hearts. You and your family are in my thought and prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger