Wednesday, January 17, 2007
D&C recovery

Well, we went ahead with the D&C. There was no bleeding or spotting and no sign of anything to come, so we went ahead and opted for the procedure. I am such a wimp, I think if it were to happen naturally I would have freaked then we would have ended up at the hospital anyway. Better to have it scheduled, I guess. Or something like that. Anyway, I was at the hospital at 7:30 am yesterday and home by 1 pm. The wonderful pain meds they pumped me full of had me sleeping ALL DAY, so now its 1:45 am on Wed. morning and I'm wide awake. Crazy.

My mom has been taking excellent care of Andrew, but she has to leave in the morning. I'm really hoping that I feel well enough to be a good mommy to Andrew, but Chris is here so he can help out as much as he can. My MIL has offered to come if we need her, so that's good to know. I haven't yet had to touch my pain meds here at home, and I'm hoping to keep it that way. I need to be alert and able to care for Andrew.

Anyway, that's the news for now. I'm barely bleeding, in no physical pain, and hoping to stay that way. The hospital told us that there is a funeral home nearby that offers a free-of-charge cremation for all miscarried or stillborn babies, so we opted for that. I just couldn't bear to think of Baby B becoming "medical waste." I very much believe life begins at conception, so it makes me feel a bit better knowing he/she will be cared for and the ashes sprinkled on the garden of roses there. They have a memorial service for these lost babies in April. We'll be invited, of course.

Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. We need them!





5 Comments:
Blogger Kathy McC had this to say:

((((hugs))))

 

Blogger Sara had this to say:

I wish they would have offered me that option with the cremation. What a nice way to heal and remember at the same time.

My pain from the D & C was minimal, so I would bet yours will not be any more than what you have now. Hope you feel better soon, dear.

 

Blogger Catherine had this to say:

I hate that you even have to consider things like this. I'm so very sorry. Please take care of yourself and don't push yourself too hard. You're a great mommy to Andrew, even if you have to take time for yourself. {{{hugs}}}

 

Blogger laura had this to say:

i'm so sorry you've had to go through this again, but i'm glad you were able to have the d&c and that cremation was available. sending wishes for comfort to all of you.

 

Blogger Jillian had this to say:

Glad you are home and safe. My D&C caused me no real pain or excessive bleeding at all, just sweet closure on an awful day.

The cremation helped us a lot too. It's so important to know that someone else out there knew you had a baby and that s/he isn't waste of any kind at all.

(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Keeping the Faith


This is me, sharing my journey through struggling to conceive, surviving miscarriage, and, finally, receiving the greatest blessing ever...the gift of a healthy, beautiful little boy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Smalltown, Georgia, United States

I'm a Christian. My husband is my very best friend. After much turmoil, including two miscarriages, our family is now complete with our handsome son and beautiful daughter!

annairvin@hotmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger